IUCC Congregational Care – 2015
Coordinators: Janet Emery & Kathi Smith
The Congregational Care Ministry provides service to all members of our church family who are in need. We are a part of your church family who volunteer to provide support to those with illness or injury or for those who are isolated because of physical limitations. We also may assist in coordinating care with other ministries of this church or with community agencies for additional support as needed. The Congregational Care Ministry will provide support from your church family, including:
- Operating a Prayer Chain for members, family or friends
- Cards of encouragement
- Meals on a short term basis
- Receptions for memorial services
- Congregational Care Visitor program in home or hospital and check-in phone calls.
- Transportation on a short term basis during the week for medical visits or to church functions or for regular transportation to church on Sundays.
- Preparation of gift baskets for the Holidays
- The Prayer Shawl Ministry also is under the umbrella of Congregational Care although their program is operated independently.
If you have a need or know of someone who would benefit from our services please contact Kathi or Janet or notify Michael Spindle or any of the pastoral staff with your needs and contact information. If you are interested in finding out more about our program or may be available to volunteer to help out your fellow church family members contact us through the church office.