This Week at IUCC
- Monday, March 18, 7 p.m.: Administration Board meets in Peace Room 106. All are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 19, 9:30 a.m.: Seekers, a group of older women who share fellowship and learning meet in Plumer Hall.
- Tuesday, March 19, 4 p.m.: Bible Study meets in Peace Room 106 to continue a discussion of chapter 12 of the book of Acts, following Marcus Borg’s schema in his Evolution of the Word. Stay for pizza!
- Tuesday, March 19, 7 p.m.: Boy Scouts meet in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, March 21, 6 p.m.: NoFear OC Network continues its screening of the five-part series “The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood,” followed by discussion. Plumer Hall.
- Saturday, March 23, 11 a.m.: Memorial service for Gene Price. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the IUCC Building Fund.
- Saturday, March 23, 1 p.m.: Spring Choir Retreat in the Sanctuary.
- Saturday, March 23, 6 to 8 p.m.: All-Church Game Night. Play cards, play board games and learn to paint at this multi-generational event. Pizza provided. Bring a salad or sweet to share. Plumer Hall. All are welcome!
- Sunday, March 24, 12:15 p.m.: Young adults gather for Bread for the Journey.
- Sunday, March 24, 1:30 p.m.: Restorative Yoga continues with Kelly Garrity. Plumer Hall.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Administrative Pastor Steve Swope sends out “The Story from Steve” each week. Request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All-Church Game Night Saturday
The Ministry for Young People will be hosting an All Church Game Night on Saturday, March 23, at 6:00 pm. There will be board games, pizza, and even painting along with Bob Ross! All are invited, the young as well as the young at heart! The Ministry for Young People
April 5-6 visit to Albergue Las Memorias in Tijuana planned by Global Ministries
Randy Romine and Ken Matsuyama will lead a Global Ministries visit and service project to our UCC/DOC Global Ministries Partner Organization, Albergue Las Memorias. Las Memorias is a residential hospice and addiction support facility for HIV positive men, women and some children. It also has a TB treatment unit. Members
Rev. Traci Blackmon, Poor People’s Campaign leader, speaking March 30
The Rev. Traci Blackmon, acting executive minister of Justice and Witness Ministries for the United Church of Christ, will be the featured speaker for Faith & Works 2019 at Irvine United Congregational Church. The event begins at 10:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Tickets for the event range in
Theme, leader announced for 2019 Women at Pilgrim Pines
The Rev. Jennifer Strickland from Claremont UCC will be the facilitator for the 2019 IUCC Women’s Retreat at Pilgrim Pines on May 3-5. The theme will be “Stories Untold: Women of the Bible.” We will look at different women in the Bible, including obscure women, read their stories and ask