This Week at IUCC
- Monday, Jan. 21: Church office closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 4 p.m.: Bible Study in Peace Room 106.
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 7 p.m.: Scout Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall
- Wednesday, Jan. 23, 10 a.m.: TED Talks with Al Gumb in Peace Room 106. Watch and discuss TED Talks moderated by new member and regular Bible Study and Adult Sunday School attendee Al Gumb. He’s led similar programs in Laguna Beach.
- Saturday, Jan. 26,: Bon Vivant Dinner. Call the church office for details or learn more here.
- Sunday, Jan. 27, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Red Cross Blood Drive at IUCC. Sign up at redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code IUCC. The shortage is critical!
- Sunday, Jan. 27, 12:15 p.m.: Winter Congregational Meeting in the Sanctuary. Members vote on the budget.
Mark your calendars!
Tickets for the Winter Party, Escape to Hawaii, on Feb. 9 are $30 each. They’ll be available on the patio for two more Sundays. Don’t miss out!
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Did you miss The World Sings at Christmas choral concert, or are you just longing to hear it again? The choir image appears at minute 12:39.
Administrative Pastor Steve Swope sends out “The Story from Steve” each week. Request it by emailing email@example.com.
Preschool remodel gets a thumb up from congregation
Excited preschool teachers greeted members and friends of IUCC after services on Jan. 13, for an open house of the Child Care Center (informally, the preschool). The teachers had spent 3 hours after work on Friday the 11th, spackling and painting and making the interior look good! Then, all day
Important information for IUCC Pastoral Search Committee candidates Please read before submitting your questionnaire. You can submit through the website (see form below) or by filling out a questionnaire and returning it to the church office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A committee of 5-9 persons, representative of the diversity
Expand your circle: Sign up for a Bon Vivant Dinner
The IUCC Fellowship Ministry invites you to sign up for Bon Vivant Dinners. These informal dinners are a great way to get to know others from IUCC whether you’re a new or longtime member or visitor. Dinners are hosted, often by members of the Fellowship Ministry or other IUCC leaders,
The power of prayer shawls
The knitters, crocheters and card-makers combine their talents to create beautiful prayer shawls and pocket shawls that are blessed by the congregation. Shawls go to members of IUCC and to the friends and family of IUCC members. They are given to people who are ill or hurting but also to those