This Week at IUCC
- Monday, Feb. 18: Church office closed for Presidents’ Day.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 9:30 a.m.: Seekers meets in Plumer Hall. The purpose of Seekers is to promote meaningful friendships among our church women as well as to learn how today’s theological wisdom can enrich our spiritual growth.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 4 p.m.: Bible Study in Peace Room 106. Join Ken Wyant for a lively discussion of Chapter 9 of Acts, based on Marcus Borg’s “Evolution of the Word.”
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7 p.m.: Friends of OC Detainees meets in Peace Room 106.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7 p.m.: Scout Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall.
- Sunday, Feb. 24, 12:15 p.m.: Let’s Talk About Death meets in the Peace-Justice-Wisdom Rooms. Program repeats on March 3.
- Sunday, Feb, 24, 1:30 p.m.: Restorative Yoga with Kelly Garrity in Plumer Hall.
- Sunday, Feb. 24, 3 p.m.: Pastor Sarah’s Ecclesiastical Council meets in Chula Vista. Carpool from IUCC leaves after second service coffee hour.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Administrative Pastor Steve Swope sends out “The Story from Steve” each week. Request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s time to schedule your photo!
Do you look the same as you did 5 years ago? Of course not – you look even better! That’s why we’re preparing a new IUCC pictorial directory with Lifetouch. Their photographers will be at IUCC from March 8 to 17. Schedule your appointment here: https://booknow-lifetouch.appointment-plus.com/yv2m89tk/ If you need help
Theme, leader announced for 2019 Women at Pilgrim Pines
The Rev. Jennifer Strickland from Claremont UCC will be the facilitator for the 2019 IUCC Women’s Retreat at Pilgrim Pines on May 3-5. The theme will be “Stories Untold: Women of the Bible.” We will look at different women in the Bible, including obscure women, read their stories and ask
Pastoral search update: Learn more about the interim pastor search
When the Rev. Dr. Paul Tellström announced his decision to leave his post as senior pastor later this year, the search for a new pastor began. You can read his announcement in the January newsletter and more about the search process in the February newsletter. Pastor Paul’s last sermon will
Talking about death: IUCC is here to help
Although death is a topic we avoid, at any moment the end of life could be imminent – for ourselves or for someone we love. Talking about the end of our lives can draw loved ones together, avoid painful uncertainty in a crisis, and restore some measure of control over