The week at IUCC
- Tuesday, April 23, 4 p.m.: Bible Study meets in Peace Room 106 to continue a discussion of chapter 12 of the book of Acts, following Marcus Borg’s schema in his Evolution of the Word. Stay for pizza!
- Wednesday, April 24, all day: Family Promise of Orange County and 17 other organizations are coming together to raise $650,000 to end homelessness. Giving Day for Help Them Home
- Wednesday, April 24, 10 a.m.: TED Talks with Al Gumb, Peace Room 106
- Wednesday, April 24, 6 p.m.: Advocates for Peace and Justice meet in Peace Room 106.
- Saturday, April 27: Bon Vivant Dinners, times and places vary.
- Sunday, April 28, 9:30 and 11 a.m.: Worship services will be dedicated to Earth Day and our Creation Justice UCC designation.
- Sunday, April 28, 10:30 and noon: Representatives from Third World Crafts, who support the self-employment of thousands of artisans by marketing the beautiful and useful items they make, will have items for sale on the patio.
- Sunday April 28, 12:15 p.m.: Climate change discussion and light lunch in Plumer Hall. Read more here.
See the Calendar for worship times and more events. Read the April newsletter for more about IUCC activities in the last month.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Administrative Pastor Steve Swope sends out “The Story from Steve” each week. Request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climate change service and event set for April 28.
Earth Day will be marked at Irvine United Congregational Church (IUCC) on Sunday, April 28, with a special worship theme, followed by a symposium on climate change. A light lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m. All events are free and open to the public. Gudrun Magnusdottir, Ph.D., a congregation
Visit to Albergue Las Memorias in Tijuana planned by Global Ministries for May 3-4
Randy Romine and Ken Matsuyama will lead a Global Ministries visit and service project to our UCC/DOC Global Ministries Partner Organization, Albergue Las Memorias on May 3-4. The trip, originally scheduled for April, was postponed to May. Las Memorias is a residential hospice and addiction support facility for HIV positive
Women of the Bible theme for 2019 Women at Pilgrim Pines
The Rev. Jennifer Strickland from Claremont UCC will be the facilitator for the 2019 IUCC Women’s Retreat at Pilgrim Pines on May 3-5. The theme will be “Stories Untold: Women of the Bible.” Look for the registration table on the patio through April 14 or sign up online. We will